There are many factors involved that could be giving you a reversed payment status. One of the first areas you can check is to make sure that your PayPal e-mail is linked correctly. You can follow our Quick Start Guide to help you insure that you are set up properly.
The most common reason for a reversed payment status is a customer dispute. More than likely, they have canceled the transaction through PayPal or asked for a refund or something to that affect. It is possible that the customer’s PayPal e-mail is invalid.
Also, certain countries have very specific limitations within PayPal. In order to ensure you get all of your money back, the customer gets all their money back, and you settle the dispute without hurting your reputation you need to do the following steps.
Steps For Settling Disputes:
- Make sure you have enough money in your PayPal account to cover the refund
- Go here: https://www.jvzoo.com/paypal/refund/A P-(enter your paykey here) and attempt a normal refund - it will fail and send you to the partial refund page where you have to reconfirm.
- Confirm the partial refund and allow it to process.
- You should be able to go back to the details page and see that the ones currently "COMPLETED" are now “REFUNDED”. This means you got all the money back from the JV, Affiliate and JVZoo. It will not send the money back to the customer as it is frozen by PayPal.
- Login to your PayPal account, go to the dispute and refund the money to the customer. At this point, you have settled the dispute, given the customer back their money, received all monies paid to your JV’s or affiliates and you did not lose any money. The JVZoo platform will also reflect a “reversed” status simply to stay consistent with PayPal’s terminology. You can see all sales under the Sellers>Reports>Sales tab. If you see a “Reversed” status and there has been no dispute filed with your PayPal account, please contact support at https://www.jvzoo.com/support for further assistance.
For a step-by-step guide on how to resolve disputes, you can click here to download: Reversed Payment Status.