Errors could be happening due to one of the following reasons below:
- Have your customer try your direct link in a new browser. Here are some possible causes for this specific error.
- The primary receiver is based in a country that isn’t enabled to send payments using a balance
- This error means that you’re based in a country where PayPal does not support payments using a balance. What you can do is setup an account with Authroize.net or Stripe so customers have options when checking out.
- The receiver email@example.com does not accept payments in this currency.
- PayPal requires you to have the currency set up to receive the payment. Here is how to add another currency:
- Log in to your PayPal website account.
- Click the Profile subtab.
- In the Financial Information column, click the Currency Balances link.
- Select a currency name from the Select new currency drop-down menu and click the Add Currency button.
- our payment can’t be completed. Please return to the participating website and try again.
- You need to follow these steps to solve this issue:
- Log into your PayPal Account
- Click the “Profile” link on the header of the page
- A drop down box will appear, click the link “My selling preferences”
- The page will have a row with text “Block payments” and text “Limit payments, add instructions and more.” on that row to the far right there will be a link “Update” click it
- Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” checkbox
- Another possible reason causing this issue is if you have a personal PayPal account and your customer tries to purchase with a credit card, then this error will show up. To avoid this error, you must be a PayPal Business Verified or Premier Verified account holder.
5.Your payment can’t be completed because one of the receivers can’t accept payments at this time.
- This means that your PayPal account has been restricted. Please get in touch with PayPal to remove this restriction.
6. Your PayPal account firstname.lastname@example.org isn’t confirmed by PayPal.
- You will need to log into your PayPal account and confirm your info.
7. There could be an internal error
- This is a temporary PayPal payment error. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to resolve this issue as there are technical problems with PayPal.